Serving the Southern Cross explores the role of servicemen and women in defending Australia’s democracy. It was developed as a guide for students participating in an on-site tour at M.A.D.E but can be used in classrooms as well.
The resource is divided into several sections, each with its own topic focus and extended research task. The resource supports areas of Level 9 & 10 of the Australian Curriculum for History.
- Serving the Southern Cross
- Democracy and Defence
- Fighting for Democracy
- Mein Kampf
- The Diary of Anne Frank
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Defending Against Fascism
- We Shall Fight on the Beaches
- Rising Sun Badge
- Vietnam War
- Nuclear Disarmament
- The Flag of the Southern Cross